Invoice Against a Purchase Order
Invoicing against a purchase order is quite simple and is the preferred method for submitting non-food invoices to Darden. Please ensure to submit invoices via Coupa for all non-food purchases.
Follow the instructions below to invoice against a purchase order.
To begin creating an invoice, select the blue “Create Invoice” button.
Note: Acknowledge PO simply notifies your Darden contact that you have seen/received the Purchase Order.
You will be asked to register for E-invoicing and create a Remit-To if you have not already.
- Go to the Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP) and Login
- Click on Orders tab to view Purchase Orders (PO)
- Find the PO you need to invoice against and select the stack of gold coins icon on the right OR select PO
- The Create Invoice page will appear
Please review the following video to learn more about the process on how to invoice against a Purchase Order.
General Info and Form Fields:
- Fill out the fields — those marked with the red asterisk (*) are required fields
- Attach the PDF Invoice
- The Invoice number in Coupa must be unique and match the invoice number in your PDF attachment
- If the Invoice From Address, Remit-To Address, or Ship From Address does not appear, select the magnifying glass icon to locate respective addresses. If there is nothing to select, you have not completed the E-invoicing setup
- If there are multiple invoices for a purchase order, they must be submitted separately
Edit Purchase Order Lines:
- If you need to delete a purchase order line or you are invoicing against a purchase order with multiple lines, please click the red X next to the line you want to delete (next by the line total amount).
Example: A purchase order was created for an entire year by months and you are invoicing only for March, you will have to delete the other 11 lines to submit the invoice correctly.
Select SUBMIT once complete.
- Go to Invoices Tab then scroll to bottom until you see the “Credit Note” button
- Select that button and a screen will appear giving you the option to “Resolve issue for invoice number” with a dropdown of all applicable invoices
- Once you have selected the invoice to apply the credit note to, you will need to select whether the credit note is for the full or partial amount of the invoice
- Coupa will redirect you to the Credit Notes page where you will need to enter the Credit Note number. If you have a PDF associated with the credit note, please attach it
- Select submit, confirm information, then select Send
Coupa Supplier Portal Purchase Orders